Twitter , Linkedin or Instagram
Experienced software engineering leader and avid technologist with 20 years of broad experience including 10 years of cloud projects (AWS, Azure). Proven delivery experience in Supply Chain, ECommerce, Consumer Health and Pharma. I build scalable, agile software engineering teams and enable their success. I'm a hands on technical evangelist for technology concepts and solutions. I have passion for computing and implementation of complex algorithms (available as an open source on this site) and have academic background in life sciences (computational chemistry and material science).
SVP Software Development, TrueCommerce 2021 - current
- Manage diverse team of software professionals on 3 continents
- Create strategic vision of the new global , cloud supply chain platform
- Manage implementation of the new platform
- Support product, sales and support teams
CTO, JuliusWorks Inc, 2019 – 2021
- Rebuilt the software development team from 3 to 20 developers.
- Introduced proper agile development process for the company.
- Defined technology strategy and roadmap.
- Initiated re-platforming effort and carried out 2 new product release cycles.
VP of Software Engineering, Head of Development INTTRA Inc., 2016 - 2019
- Built software organization and organized agile development process that allowed the company to build and migrate to the new cloud platform and release 3 new products within 18 months.
- Assisted product team in defining MVPs for new products and led implementations from sketches to live on AWS platform.
- Helped define information technology strategy and roadmap for the company.
Team Leader, Mobile Engineering, Medidata Solutions 2014-2016
- Working with the mHealth product, sales and strategy teams delivered several critical mobile initiatives already in use by Medidata pharma clients in clinical trials.
- Lead the development of the mobile SDK that allows our Medidata pharma clients to build branded ePRO (Patient Reported Outcomes) mobile apps for clinical trials. The SDK is connected to the industry leading Rave trial design system.
- Evangelized the SDK to our major clients and helped them implement their own ePRO solutions for specific trials.
- Managed development of the Medidata Open Research Kit that connects Apple RK to our SDK.
- Delivered Android version of our Patient Cloud ePRO app.
- Worked on strategy, design and implementation of Medidata mHealth products that allow cloud to cloud integration (AWS) with streaming connected devices (Garmin and similar).
CTO at SchoolEmpower 2012-2014
- Led design, development and rollout of the global school management platform for a startup on the web and mobile channels on Azure
- Selected and hired team of onshore and offshore UX specialists and software developers
- Helped rolled out the solution in North America, Europe and Japan
CTO at Appdrenaline 2009 - 2012
- Lead several CMS, CRM, e-commerce and mobile implementations.
- Major clients:
- Center for Medical Weight Loss – designed Enterprise Architecture and lead implementation for a midsize healthcare company: Public and Private Portals Integrated with Netsuite SaaS Accounting, Order Management and CRM platform (LAMP, REST services, Sencha JS, java); also integrated with Supply Chain Vendors and Lead Generation Systems (Hubspot)
- MRM Worldwide : Architected and lead two mobile implementations (iOS) – mobile app and supporting web services for major clients of MRM (MasterCard and US Army)
- A+E TV Networks – during long running engagement proposed transformation of the company Enterprise Architecture. Designed and lead delivery of several systems: next generation of the syndication management system; company profile management system integrated with HR system of record as well as Enterprise Data Dashboard. Advised on media assets strategy from the DAM to media distribution (CDN) and media search (metadata search).
Sr. Director of Engineering and Enterprise Architect at Weight Watchers 2003 – 2009
- Led design and implementation of the global, highly scalable, consumer wellness and health web application which was rolled out to 10 markets worldwide (North America, Europe, Australia and China)
- Led the design and implementation of the mobile web services (XML and SOAP) used daily by thousands of subscribers worldwide
- Integrated the WW platform with ESP (Cheetah Mail), Analytical systems – Omniture, A/B testing - Offermatica
- Led Design and development of the several Ecommerce initiatives, built integration layer with Logistics (Supply Chain and Fulfillment Vendors) and ERP (Oracle Financials) using SOAP and Biztalk Server.
- Designed and led implementations of two generations of the Social Networking sites for WW.COM.
- Managed (time, resources, budgets) teams of software engineers, architects and project managers across multiple projects. Dramatically lowered number of defects in every release and number of costly hot fix releases
EAI / Java Architect at Business Edge Solutions – 2002 - 2003
- Leadership position in the design and delivery of the complex, clinical data exchange platform for Merck on the J2EE (BEA WebLogic) platform.
- This highly configurable system allows fast B2B integration between the client and its outsourcing partners
Consultant and Java Software Architect at Sapient Corporation 1997-2002
B2B project for the New York Times Company (J2EE)
- Led team of 8 developers through business and technical design and implementation. Delivered a Business To Business system that integrated J2EE based (Websphere Platform) Internet website and the back-end message broker (Microsoft BizTalk Server). The new system allowed the client to bond with 20 new partners in record time of 3 months.
Supply Chain Integration project for Hallmark.com (Broadvision)
- Helped client migrate from the home grown supply chain software into commercial package by linking existing B2C site (Broadvision platform) with the new supply chain software. Designed XML based integration technology between eCommerce website and Supply Chain software.
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
Postdoctoral Research in Biomimetics. Advisor: Prof. Alexandra Navrotsky.
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering, December 1995.
Thesis title: “Fullerenes and Fulleroids - Stability, Structure and Properties”. Advisor: Prof. John. E. Fischer.
- Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland
M. Sc. in Chemistry, September 1988.
Recipient of the Dean Scholarship awarded to top 100 students in the University.